AIS Light Codes
- Once all the checks are complete, the AIS red, yellow, and green lights will start blinking. As the RTK system calculates the location solution, the lights will turn solid.
- Red solid - Base station has finished survey and is transmitting RTCM messages. GPS solution has achieved a DGNSS fix type.
- Yellow solid - GPS solution has achieved a RTK FLOAT fix type with an estimated position accuracy of less than 0.10 meters.
- Green solid - GPS solution has achieved a RTK FIXED fix type with an estimated position accuracy of less than 0.02 meters. Once all the lights are solid, push the AIS button to initiate capturing data. As a reminder, do not shade the AIS when pushing the button.
- Wait for the blinking green light signaling active data collection and begin the mission.
Note: Although it is not necessary, it is strongly recommended to wait for a solid green light before starting image capture. If it is taking more than 5 minutes for a RTK FIXED solution, a solid yellow light is sufficient.
Telemetry Radio Light Codes
On power up, the radios automatically search for each other and establish a link. The green light on both radios will start to blink while searching. Once a link is established, the green light will turn solid. The base station then starts to transmit RTCM data indicated by a flashing red light. During the mission the radios should always have a solid green light and a blinking red light .
- Green blinking - searching for paired radios
- Green solid - radio link established
- Red blinking - transmitting/receiving data
Red Light Never Turns Solid During RTK Checks
This indicates that the sensor is not receiving RTCM data from the base station. This occurs after the initial pre-flight SD Card check.
- Verify that the base station is on and has acquired a lock-in stationary mode. See Emlid Reach RS+ support documentation.
- Verify that the telemetry radios have a solid green light and blinking red light. The solid green indicates that the radios are connected and the blinking red indicates that they are communicating. If the lights are displaying a different sequence, see below for troubleshooting.
Blinking Yellow, Solid Green on Bootup (1+ Minutes)
Indicates your SlantRange sensor may need additional accelerometer data for calibration.
To provide this information to the sensor, pick up the aircraft and rotate for 10 seconds. Place aircraft back down on a flat surface. If successful, all three AIS lights will begin blinking after a few seconds.
Troubleshooting: Telemetry Radios
Radio Light is blinking green
This indicates the radios are not connected. Check both radios and make sure they are both powered on. If one of the radio lights is solid red, unplug the connector and plug it back in.
Radio Light is solid red
This indicates the radio is stuck initializing and needs to be reset. Unplug the connector and plug it back in.
Other Light Codes
RTK Base Station
For more information on the Emlid Reach RS+ please review the support documentation linked here.