When you receive your Emlid Reach RS+ system from SLANTRANGE it is configured to work right out of the box as a base station using a single precision survey. This is just one of many uses for the Emlid Reach RS+ and we want to highlight a couple more for advance use.
- Stronger RTK Fix reliability to the sensor on the drone.
- More accurate absolute geo-referenced single image and map placement when referenced to a secondary map service (Google maps, MapBox, etc).
- An internet connection is required to communicate to the NTRIP service.
- Longer survey times for the base station. One power up, the Emlid Reach RS+ can easily acquire a single fix type but it will take longer for an RTK Float or RTK Fix fix type. Depending on how close your correction service tower is to the base station and the GNSS systems in the sky this could take a while.
Advance Setup -
1. Manual Mode - If you already have surveyed a point in the field you can setup the Emlid Reach RS+ on that position and change into manual mode. To set the system into manual mode, log into the Emlid Reach RS+ and navigate to the Base Mode section. In that section, change the "Coordinates input mode" to "Manual" and type in your position to 8 decimal degrees of precision and then enter in your antenna height.
2. NTRIP corrections input (Internet required) - If you have a subscription to an NTRIP corrections service you can set the Emlid Reach RS+ to survey on Float or Fix position messages. To setup the NTRIP corrections service, log into the Emlid Reach RS+ and navigate to the Correction Input section. Toggle the Base correction slider to on and enter in your corrections services IP address, port, and credentials. (Please visit Emlid Reach RS+ user guide for more details and about this sections) . Once you're connected to the NTRIP service, navigate to the Base Mode section and change the Coordinates input mode" to "Average Float" or "Average Fix" and set the time to 5 minutes at a minimum.
For more details on the please read the manufacturer's manual found here - Emlid Reach RS+.